rijckholt superkern

Begonnen von kees, 22. Januar 2009, 16:07:46

Vorheriges Thema - Nächstes Thema

kees

her is a very nice kern from rijckholt i like to share with you  :-D

Waldemar

That´s  a very pretty piece Kees  :glotz:  ..... would you mind showing some more pictures of it?   :engel: How long is the core?

:winke: Rikke

Der Wikinger

Suuuuper nice !!  :super:

Would be neolithic, I guess !!  :winke:

queque

Khamsin

Salaam!

A real beauty, Kees, no doubt about that. Congrats!

Now, what could help us eventually with dating this remnant core would be a nice picture of the striking platform depicting especially the core´s edge between the platform and the extraction face. Judging from the core´s size it could easily be of LBK origin.

Cordial regards, and please keep on showing us "finds like these that don´t grow on trees" KIS
"For an impossible situation - choose a crazy remedy!"

Pinky

rolfpeter

Servus,

wow, thats what I call a niceeee find! Is it from Friesland? I'd like to agree with Khamsin's LBK classification if it's found in Zuid Limburg. I believe, there isn't any LBK in Noord-Holland.
But anyway it is one great core,
thanks for sharing!

HG
RP
Der Irrtum strömt, die Wahrheit sickert

kees

sorry for letting you wait for answers..
the core is found by my father in rijckholt (zuid limburg near maastricht)
the core is made by the stones from the mine in rijckholt..it's neolithic and the age is between 3950 and 2650 vc..
the core is between 10 and 12 cm's long/high, 7 or 8 cm wide and about 6 cm thick..

not the biggest you can find over there,but bigger than the microlith core we often find over here in the northern parts of holland.. :narr: